Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Contest with No Prize.

So I am at Wal-Mart yesterday looking to replace my missing wedding ring with something that can serve as a reasonable fill-in until my real one shows up, or I get me a true replacement.

My feeling is a ring is more than the symbol of my union, but is a sign of my humbling before the institution of marriage. Lest I never forget that I chose to walk through this life with another and I have a blessed responsibility to be a part of something greater than myself.

Back to Wal-Mart. It is Hallowe'en and the cheesy costumes are on full display. I as an avid costumer find these things sooooooooooo awful! I realize I should not be so inclined to think this because it harkens back to that lack of humility that I have been working with Gods help to get over.

What I was thinking though is this... Instead of looking at something and taking it as a poorly constructed, mass produced, deficent in quality material ensemble, why not look at the potential it has and make it something better than it is?

So here is what I am proposing to anyone who reads this. Go out and buy a off the rack costume at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target or these seasonal Hallowe'en stores that pop up. Take that raw shell and fix it up, and supply me with before and after pictures. I swear I will post them on this blog.

My best,

Buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment