Monday, October 18, 2010

My Modelicious Hallowe’en!

Good evening dear readers…

Hallowe’en came early for Buzz! Saturday night, the 16th, made this the greatest October of my long-lived life!

First and foremost I spent it with and incredible group of artisans and I am humbled to have been able to work with them. I am going to thank the following gifted and wonderful people for sharing their time and energy with me right up front because they never should be in the back ever again;

- Bob and Mary Carver of Red Velvet Photography For setting up the massive photo shoot. Thank you for not letting me drop out of modeling.
- Rachel for making it so easy for me to scare the tar out of the gathered mass, and for being an exceptionally fly geek girl. I always count my blessings to be meet someone so intelligent, well read, funny, sweet, and as big a fan of The Last of the Mohicans as I am.
- Justin Simpson, you are my brother now! Physics jokes that I could get! You were amazing sir!
- Patrick Charthern, another brother I never knew I had! I thank you for keeping my energy going as I started to wear out towards the end. The continuous cries for Van Helsing was almost a battle cry that kept me rallied!
- Stu… Thanks for keeping stoking the coals of my already fevered imagination going!

Most of all though, Lady Rosetta. You make me warm on a chilly night. You make me quenched when I thirst. You make the world stop spinning when I feel like I am going to be flung from its surface. You make me more than who I am, and for that I would stake myself. Blessed am I to call you friend.

So, here we go!

You may have guessed that Saturday night was a photo shoot of majestic proportions. Bob and Mary, set up a location, gathered the finest stylists and make up artists in the WORLD, and turned us models into Vampires, zombies, a jilted bride, a witch to be burned, and a crazed serial killer. (Okay… I should let those of you that know me, know that I was not the crazed serial killer. I was something much worst.)

The location had no small number of shooting locations set up. A chandelier was hung from the limb of the most magnificent tree in Florida over a red velvet arm chair. A grave was dug in the ground, a green light backlighting a Celtic cross grave marker, and accented by a fog machine. A stable was set with mutilated dolls. A single torch lit the crazed serial killer (Dude... I forgot you name, not your face or how cool you are!) to a remarkable effect. A free hanging white drape and two tall candle holders gave purchase to the bride beneath a Rustler’s Moon. A Crucible for the screaming with that would be later set ablaze for a bonfire warming all present. (Sans witch. Got plans for her.) A real life hearse that was at one time started not to take away the dead, but to warm the living. It and its owner gave comfort to living that night.

Then there was the casket. The Lady Rosetta and I, as Barry Van Helsing Vampire Chaser, were in and on and all over the casket on that set. I wish I could tell you all of the different sets we did for the multitude of photographers that were invited but honestly all I remember is laughing and great conversation for five hours. We have worked together on a few previous occasions and thanks to here I actually became a published model. I know my heart would break if this were to be our last.

So this is creepy. I also got to be the Puritan. So I will let this out. I am Catholic. If there is one thing I hate, HATE, is religious intolerance. I hate fear, prejudice, intolerance, and failed lives justified under the guise of wrath laid down by a loving Creator. So… being the Puritan became a little more livid that I had thought. There were a couple of times that Rachel and I were screaming and yelling so convincingly that the flashes stopped and I looked over and I perceived that the assembled mass was quite stilled. Even the crazed serial killer looked a little freaked.

I am so sorry if anyone was disturbed by that, but I had an ax to grind, and hope I looked sexy doing it. Rachel was just flat out hot!

It was a wonderful evening. I wish it could have lasted longer, but as it happens lives are needed to get back to, beds need to be occupied and children have to be told that they are safe from the creatures lurking in the closet.

I am so grateful that I was allowed to be a meager part of this massive endeavor. I am lucky and I am blessed, and I thank you all.

Buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment